Author Topic: AVAST FREE Not shutting down after scan  (Read 3763 times)

REDACTED

AVAST FREE Not shutting down after scan
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
Hi, can anyone advise please?

Since approx 21/12 after an update - sorry, don;t usually keep record of versions as AVAST is usually extremely reliable - my AVAST has stopped shutting down my pc.

Have handful of friends who also use AVAST FREE and they're experiencing the same problem.

The scan (FULL) is running completely to 100% as it should, and displays no problem found but just doesn't complete the shutdown.

Thank you

PS: PC Running Win7 PRO
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:04:36 PM by kevin538 »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: AVAST FREE Not shutting down after scan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:49 PM »
I'll need a few more members to test and confirm before I can escalate this [possible] bug to Avast.

I assume you have the scan scheduled to shut down after completion.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:55 AM »
I'll need a few more members to test and confirm before I can escalate this [possible] bug to Avast.
We got similar reports in the German section, seems only W10 is affected.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=212758.0

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:56:46 AM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »

I assume you have the scan scheduled to shut down after completion.
[/quote

Thanks for your input Alikhan - Yes my pc is scheduled to shut down after the full scan.   Forgot to say i'm running Win7 Pro.

4 of my friends who have same problem are also running Win7

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:50:43 PM »
We run Avast Business (small church office).  All of our computers are set to scan daily at midnight and shutdown after.  This recently stopped happening - for at least the last week maybe? - to all of them, regardless of OS (we have Win7 and Win10).  This would be six acting in this fashion.  Scans are happening just fine and according to schedules, but the computers are not shutting down.

On an unrelated note, I had to change some settings after this change as well regarding outgoing emails as it was causing connection issues with our email host.  It took a few days before I actually realized it was Avast and not something internal (firewall, OS update, etc.) or with our email host.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »
Something else since the update - It is known that Quick Scans are no longer an option (unless you make a Custom Scan as such), but if Quick Scans were scheduled prior to the update, they are still happening per the schedule.  The computer was set to shutdown after these scans, but even with those "ghost" scans running and completing, the system is not shutting down.  Again, we have this happening on six machines right now - 3 Win10, 1 Win8, 2 Win7.

I will uninstall and reinstall the client on my own workstation and see if that fixes the issue (residual carry-over conflicts from previous version?) or not. Any other thoughts?

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
Hi,

shutdown will be fixed in version 18.2
The issue with scheduled Quick Scan will be fixed in week or two. It will appear in Custom Scans and it will be possible to modify it and unschedule.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »
Glad to hear it is accepted as an issue and is being addressed. Thank you.

Offline Simon234

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 10:22:56 PM »
Still an issue. My custom scan on premier did not shut down.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 11:24:31 AM »
Thanks for reporting, will look into it