Author Topic: [SOLVED] error in subnet-mask with citrix  (Read 3899 times)

machines

[SOLVED] error in subnet-mask with citrix
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:54:27 AM »
hello,

in another customer network i have the following problem:

the customer uses a citrix meta frame and the workstation is with xp pro. there are 5 workstations and only on one i get the message "error in subnet mask routing to citrix ...". After deinstalling avast! managed everything works fine and i can connect to the server. after reinstalling avast! the problem comes back again.

when i login as a administrator there is not this error ... and only on one of these 5 workstations.

someone said to me it can be possible that there is a problem with the ipx-protocol that citrix seems to use ... has anyone an idea ?

greetings

machines - marco radoux

edited 28.07.2006
==>> after the support for citrix made some changes (they did not tell to us) it works well ... without any problem !
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:22:39 PM by machines »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: error in subnet-mask with citrix
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »
Huh, sounds like a tough problem to solve... :-\
I have no idea what might be causing this.
Regarding your hypothesis that it has something to do with IPX, I can just say that avast doesn't use IPX in any way - all its communication is TCP-based.

What you may try is disable the avast on-access scanner (or stop the "avast antivirus" service) and see if it has any effect on the problem. If it has, we can move forward...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

machines

Re: error in subnet-mask with citrix
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
hello,

i uninstalled avast! and then it works ... i installed avast! and i have the problem again.

the manufacturer of the software says that they only recommend "tre... micr..." as virus shield.

what i am wondering about is that this problem only is on one workstation present.

i also tried to make a "smaller" installation package without the on-access-scanner, but i get the same error.

is there any other idea for me ?

greetings

machines - marco radoux