Author Topic: Avast fails in scanning zips inside zips (or rars)  (Read 2271 times)

avvidro

Avast fails in scanning zips inside zips (or rars)
« on: June 01, 2006, 10:59:15 PM »
When Avast (any version, home edition) scans compressed files inside compressed files, it shows a message saying "it wasn't possible to scan file <file-name>.zip or .rar. The file is corrpupt. Late I will detail the process, but since the first build of 4.6 version this problem exists.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast fails in scanning zips inside zips (or rars)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:14:24 PM »
Well, maybe it's right - and the archive is corrupted?
It's hard to say without inspecting the particular file, but I've never seen any similar problems - ZIP or RARs are scanned correctly.

avvidro

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
Oops, I forgot to say: the archives (none of them) are not corrupt. I can send one of them for the masters to analyse.

hlecter

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:30 PM »
When Avast (any version, home edition) scans compressed files inside compressed files, it shows a message saying "it wasn't possible to scan file <file-name>.zip or .rar. The file is corrpupt. Late I will detail the process, but since the first build of 4.6 version this problem exists.

I can, and have always been able to scan zips within zips without problems of any kind.   :)   Rarfiles I never tried.

HL

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:47:43 AM »
You can upload some of the file to ftp://ftp.asw.cz/incoming - I'll check them.