Author Topic: Problems connecting to database  (Read 1964 times)

Infotronis

Problems connecting to database
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:44:58 PM »
Hi, I'm using Avast Home in both PCs in my home.

The thing is, we are trying a little program (Internet time control for my kids) that uses MySQL on the server (that's the PC on my room) and uses an MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 on the client (the PC on the livingroom) to locate the data.

The program say "There is not connection to the database, try later" when tryin to acces the server.

I know about computers just enough to suspect that the client isn' connecting because something is blockin it acces.

The thing is, I have turned off the WinXP SP2 firewall, and the only thing beside Office I have instaled is Avast 4 Home updated today via Internet.

There is some problem detected between Avast and MySQL or MySQL connector? There's comething I can fix manually?

I need the help of someone who really knows about it, I'm just guessing and going nuts here

Thanks a lot,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problems connecting to database
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »
There is some problem detected between Avast and MySQL or MySQL connector?
Maybe... we need to know which protocol and port are used to communicate one to another.
TCPview from www.sysinternals.com could give us some info.

There's comething I can fix manually?
Can you try to disable avast (or at least WebShield provider) and see if you can connect each other?

Do you use any firewall besides XP internal one? Other security or monitor program?
The best things in life are free.