Author Topic: W2K3 server reboots  (Read 4384 times)

lhamlin501

W2K3 server reboots
« on: June 07, 2006, 04:29:42 AM »
I recently installed Avast! 4 Server Edition on a Whitebox with 384Meg Memory and 30G HD and the server continually reboots.  Bios loads, Windows progress bar begins to process for a few moments and then the server reboots.  I have tried various Safe and Debugging Modes with the same results.  Is there anyway to disable the boot scan or remove the Avast!4 software before getting Windows loaded? 

Thanks,

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: W2K3 server reboots
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:38:05 PM »
Huh, are you saying the machine spontaneously reboots even if you boot into safe mode?

That is *very* strange because in Safe Mode, no avast components are loaded (its drivers don't load).

BTW can you access the server's hard drive? If so, it would be helpful to send me the contenst of the \windows\minidump folder (if it exists).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

lhamlin501

Re: W2K3 server reboots
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:12:34 AM »
Yes, even in SAFE MODE it spontaneously reboots.  During a SAFE MODE boot the console shows the files that are loading.  The load process pauses when "acpitabl.dat" loads/begins to load.  After a 20 sec or so pause the system reboots.  I am able to access the harddrive by booting from a W2K3 media CD in Repair Mode.  However, there is no MINIDUMP folder.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Leon