Author Topic: Firewall activates after being disabled "indefinitely"  (Read 2867 times)

REDACTED

Firewall activates after being disabled "indefinitely"
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:09:20 PM »
Hi all,

Our server has Avast Business Antivirus, as do all our client PCs. Running Prog Version 18.1.2529 (build 18.1.3800.0).

We experienced errors when the firewall was active - none of the clients could connect to our Sage Accounts package, and Remote Utilities would fail to connect. Once the firewall was disabled these problems went away. As a temporary fix I disabled the firewall "indefinitely".

Unfortunately we now have a situation where the firewall re-enables itself every couple of hours and has to be disabled again. When it re-enables, everyone is kicked out of Sage.

If anyone can give me some pointers here, that'd be great.

J

REDACTED

Re: Firewall activates after being disabled "indefinitely"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »
Hello John,

As a fellow user of Avast Business i know that the settings are best done in the online panel and not on the client.
The client is designed to revert to the online settings (All of them) once a change is made in the template or when it does a synchronization of the settings for any other reason. This means that while you can adjust the settings locally on the machine it is not a good permanent solution.

Have you tried creating a separate Settings Template for these machines?  In this template on the Active Protection tab you can disable the firewall which will trigger an uninstall of the component once the client updates. Because you are dealing with the firewall this might require a reboot before it functions so you may want to first disable it using your temporary way, do this change and then reboot the machines at night.

What you should try however is instead of disabling the Firewall is customizing it using the same page while clicking on the Customize button, add a rule that allows the Sage traffic trough so this rule syncs to all your endpoints and the problem gets resolved in a more secure way.
Kind regards,
Henk

REDACTED

Re: Firewall activates after being disabled "indefinitely"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »
I am having the same problem, with a Medical Program called MedEDI. The Only way I can get it to work is Killing the firewalll since upgrading a customer from Avast Business Endpoint to Avast Business Pro. But also every two or three hours the Firewall switches itself back on.  Everyone at MedEDI is too busy with the recent vat change and everyone locally at Avast is also too busy. I want to rip my hair out. Surely Avast Business should have migrated the Firewall Settings from Avast Endpoint which worked well.