Author Topic: Avast Business Client Update Causing Client Network Interruption  (Read 2350 times)

REDACTED

Hi all, I have about 0.5% of my Windows clients running into an issue where Avast seems to be in the middle of the update process and when they get to the point where a restart is required, all of a sudden the client loses network connectivity. They are effectively cut off from Wake on Lan, Remote Desktop, System Center Configuration Manager, and of course the Avast Business Console. So, there is no way to restore access remotely and our technicians are needing to be dispatched to physically address the issue.

Right now, the only identified fix is to completely remove Avast from the affected client and then do a complete reinstall. Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Thanks,
Ryan

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Client Update Causing Client Network Interruption
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:28:34 AM »
HI Ryan200
I have the same problem on certain pc's , my only fix was the same as yours uninstall and reinstall.
Anyone found the cause or fix ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:01 PM »
Sean,

I have not yet found a cause or fix, but my suspicions and time spent looking at this lead me to the following:

1. It is a combination of old(er) hardware, an old Windows 7 image, and Avast.
2. The more I look at it, search online, investigate, and troubleshoot personally, it looks more and more like some sort of software firewalling.

Some computers act as if they have no connection whatsoever. Others have some limited network services, but cannot reach beyond our network. This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline Benjamin145

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »
Same problem for half of my windows 7 clients.

It's old hardware but windows is up to date. Maybe incompatibility with an old network driver, i will try to update this.

When i try a ipconfig /renew, i have this error : "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"
Sometimes, after restart, it work, sometimes not.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0