Author Topic: Resident protection working or not?  (Read 2857 times)

EstebanUno

Resident protection working or not?
« on: January 01, 2004, 06:29:55 PM »
Since updating to the latest program update, on startup I get the message that Resident Protection is disabled because Avast! has detected AVG 6 running. But the Avast! icon appears normally in the system tray, and when checking resident protection it says status active at normal level. So I don't know if the Resident Protection is working or not, especially since when mousing over the sys tray icon it reports 2 providers total, but only 1 running.

BTW, AVG is not running on my system. It is not in the system tray. It does not show any process running in Windows Task Manager. It is an installed program on my computer, however, but I removed it from the startup process when I installed Avast! about 6 months ago.  It is only after the recent Avast! program update that Avast! has suddenly decided that AVG 6 is running.

Hoping to clear this up. Am I protected or not?

Esteban

dadkins_1

Re:Resident protection working or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 07:04:32 PM »
Try uninstalling AVG, it will still be saved on your HDD so if you decide to reinstall it later you can.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 07:07:20 PM »
Basically, you're not protected.

Please read http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2080 for info on how to solve this problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

EstebanUno

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 09:00:08 PM »
Thank you, editing the registry as directed fixed the problem.