Author Topic: License Key issues...  (Read 2551 times)

nurse22

License Key issues...
« on: June 21, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
Okay, yesterday I asked about why my new number given would not go in..It said my time was off I need to change my time????? At lease thats what the red box that pops up shows. I have home edition 4.5 but i tried to update it with 4.1-4.7 and then 4.x they would not update...
Aslo, what does a bottom right message mean when it says DCOM EXPLOIT??? Where do I change my time on avast and why can I not update any of it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: License Key issues...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »
You seem to be infected... Do you use a firewall? Which one?
DCOM exploit seems to be an old Windows problem, is your Windows updated?

Maybe you should run avast at boot time and install ewido to scan your system too...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:41 AM »
Quote from: Tech
Perhaps not if it was the Network Shield that detected the exploit, but we need more information to be certain.

What was the file name, where was it found example (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) Or perhaps it was an internet location (URL) ?
Check the avast Log Viewer, Warning section.

It would probably be best to download the latest version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall avast - uninstall, reboot, install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 12:54:28 AM »
Quote from: Tech
Perhaps not if it was the Network Shield that detected the exploit, but we need more information to be certain.
You're right.. I've forgotten this.
The best things in life are free.