Author Topic: How To CANCEL Free Version Of Avast  (Read 1158 times)

REDACTED

How To CANCEL Free Version Of Avast
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:06:37 PM »
I have received notices on 2 of my devices (1 WIN PC and 1 ANDROID) stating that my free subscription was going to expire.
I do not want to continue with the application if I am going to be charged (as implied by some of the notifications) and I cannot find a way to cancel the free subscription and avoid unnecessary charges.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How To CANCEL Free Version Of Avast
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
Avast Free is just that Free, and I have been using it for over 14 years for free.  Yes you may get offers for other avast products or upgrade to paid versions of avast, but aren't obligated to do that.

The free registration should automatically update after a period of time (10 days after expiry), but you should still be protected.  If you have the current version of avast free this should work just fine, if using a very old version of avast it may hiccup.

I got a notification when my registration had 12 days to go and I confirmed my level of protection (for avast free) and my re-registration was completed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security