Author Topic: Problem with the VPS  (Read 4712 times)

MatMat

Problem with the VPS
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »
Hello

I am French and I don't spek english very weel. Sorry.

I have a problem with de VPS. Avast said to me that le VPS is too old. When this red message arrives when I start my computer, I click on this message tu update. The next message said to me may VPS is already update. But, when I start again my computer, the red message comes again.

Why ? What do I have to make?

Please, for the answer, speak with easy words... ;) :P

martosurf

Re: Problem with the VPS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 08:32:50 AM »
Bonjour MatMat!

Are you sure the dialog box that appear after you click the red box says the VPS is already updated? Please checkit out again.

Also please check:

1. your firewall settings: you know how it works, you must allow the proper modules to access internet - I remember at least two of them, ashupd.exe and setup.ovr
2. also if above don't work there's a workaround you may try: uncheck the autoupdate option and try to update signatures manually, if it works all you need to do is tell avast! to wait some time after you logon so proper access to the net can be established. To do this please refer to the topic "undestanding avast4.ini file" or please do a forum search for the delay feature that lets avast! wait xx seconds until it try to autoupdate.

Hope it works, au revoir :-D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 09:50:28 AM »
Also:
1. Check the system date/time of your computer (verify that it is set correctly)
2. Check the validity of avast! registration key (in avast! About box)

MatMat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 12:17:06 AM »
1. Check the system date/time of your computer (verify that it is set correctly)
It's OK
2. Check the validity of avast! registration key (in avast! About box)
It's OK
1. your firewall settings: you know how it works, you must allow the proper modules to access internet - I remember at least two of them, ashupd.exe and setup.ovr
If i understand that you say, it's Ok.
2. also if above don't work there's a workaround you may try: uncheck the autoupdate option and try to update signatures manually, if it works all you need to do is tell avast! to wait some time after you logon so proper access to the net can be established.
I think that is the problem.

The problem have disappeared.

Thank You

It is not esay to understand what you said... :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:24:25 AM »
2. also if above don't work there's a workaround you may try: uncheck the autoupdate option and try to update signatures manually, if it works all you need to do is tell avast! to wait some time after you logon so proper access to the net can be established.
I think that is the problem.
It is not esay to understand what you said... :-\
Igor was saying that the workaround is change (or add) AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds value into the [InetWD] section of avast4.ini file.
You could set the number of seconds to wait before attempting to update. The default is 30 but it may not be enough in some DSL systems. In this case, you can try increasing this e.g. to 60 (1 minute). That should be enough.

More details here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647
Hope it helps...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 01:15:24 AM »
The only avast processes that require internet access are ashWebSv.exe (web shield), ashMaiSv.exe (email scanner) and avast.setup (actual update process), this isn't a permanent file, it is only created at the time of update but it is created from the setup.ovr file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

martosurf

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 08:14:50 PM »
DavidR I knew that link because I had put several hours in firewalls (by software) testing, thank you very much anyway.

Tech Thanks for taking my concept and explained so easy to MatMat. By the way, can you pass along the link for that Security System Monitor you speak off that's better than PG??

MatMat  Well, certainly you had a rain of answer, hope you would able to fix the problem  :D

Best!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
By the way, can you pass along the link for that Security System Monitor you speak off that's better than PG??
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/System_Safety_Monitor/1049832672/1
or the original http://syssafety.com/product.html

martosurf

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 03:08:04 AM »
Thanks Tech  :)

Also I want to ask your help again - I will re-post this issue at the general forum:

Every email I receive or send is automatically converted to Times New Roman 10 font no matter what font I used to write it, even if the incoming email is in plain text like it's still converted to TNR 10. This only happens when I have the "Insertar notas en los mensajes limpios" (in english it may be something like "insert note in clean emails" or so on) feature turned on.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 02:13:10 PM »
Every email I receive or send is automatically converted to Times New Roman 10 font no matter what font I used to write it, even if the incoming email is in plain text like it's still converted to TNR 10. This only happens when I have the "Insertar notas en los mensajes limpios" (in english it may be something like "insert note in clean emails" or so on) feature turned on.
I'm still waiting for an Alwil's team answer about this. Maybe Vojtech could come here and help us with this issue  ::)