Author Topic: about P2P shield  (Read 2637 times)

boromeo

about P2P shield
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »
i have Avast professional edition and the p2p shield doesn't seem to work , i had utorrnet running and i've downloaded 3 files but still even at the high setting the scanned count is at 0 and there's nothing besides where it says <last scanned> too ... ??? like i said my seeting is set to high and i have every p2p programs checked , i have to say through that the files were scanned with the standard shield  but it's like the p2p shield is doin nothin at all ...

the network shield is exactly the same with 0 at scanned count and the <last scanned> with nothing besides
and it is set to high too

have any explanations for that ?

thanks for ur kind answers as always .. ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: about P2P shield
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:41:42 PM »
i have Avast professional edition and the p2p shield doesn't seem to work , i had utorrnet running and i've downloaded 3 files but still even at the high setting the scanned count is at 0 and there's nothing besides where it says <last scanned> too ... ???
Do the files finish their download or just started?
Which extension do these files have?

the network shield is exactly the same with 0 at scanned count and the <last scanned> with nothing besides and it is set to high too have any explanations for that ?
If you have a firewall and your Windows updated, man, you'll wait all your life to see this count on 1... I never saw any count on this.
Network Shield is a protection against known Internet worms/attacks. It analyses all network traffic and scans it for malicious contents. It can be also taken as a lightweight firewall (or more precisely, an IDS (Intrusion Detection System).
The best things in life are free.