Author Topic: Shutdown message...again  (Read 2092 times)

hlecter

Shutdown message...again
« on: June 25, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
Not a big deal for me, but the old shutdown-message, which has been gone here for a long time, all of a sudden showed up some times starting a couple of weeks ago.

I wanted to see if it was a one-timer, but I have seen it for 3 or 4 times by now.

But in the same period I have restarted a lot of times, so the percentage is indeed very low.

For those who have forgotten: The message is something like ashServ-exe needs to... The memory  need to be 'written'. Press OK to continue, or something..

The whole message is there for a second, and the machine closes down without waiting for OK pressing.

This obviously happens late in the 'closing' process because no message in Avast log or Eventlog.

Just meant as Information, and not as a problem. I can live with this, but strange... 
4.7.844 on SP2 with ZA running.

Regards
hlecter

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Shutdown message...again
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »
hlecter, I've start to have shutdown problems with Kerio 4.3.246 version (the 'old' 4.2.3 works perfectly).
The error is something like this "error on kpf4gui.exe: the workstation is shutdown".
Seems that the 'shutdown' order of the programs and services is not good or balanced...  ::) :-\

I don't have 'written' errors. Some time ago, Igor teach me how to debug this, trying to find the nearest dll in that particular memory address using Process Explorer form www.sysinternals.com. At that time, avast was 'crashing' some MS Office dll in my computer. MS updates or avast updates solved the trouble...
The best things in life are free.

hlecter

Re: Shutdown message...again
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 03:20:05 PM »
Tech,

My message is the 'good' old one which has been discussed on this forum as far as I can remember without finding a final solution.

Some time ago, VLK had a sticky about it asking for comments. But that sticky is gone.

Some never saw the message, some at every shutdown and others now and then. I think that ZA was one of the guessed factors at that time.

But just a little bit irritating when it happens, nothing more...