Author Topic: [Bug] Mobile security doesn't autostart  (Read 1709 times)

REDACTED

[Bug] Mobile security doesn't autostart
« on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:19 AM »
Hi. I have a smartphone BQS-5020 Strike with the Android 6.0 OS.

When I reboot the phone, Avast doesn't auto start. Also, when I manually start Avast, Avast service still shows as disabled (but when I go in the settings to enable it, the slider shows enabled state).

I'm a long time user of Avast for PC and always have been happy with the protection it provides.
I wanted to protect my phone with the same level of security, but this bug really hurts my trust for Avast Mobile Security I have right now.

Can this be fixed?
I really don't want to go through the hassle of picking another AV product for my phone.

PS: the phone has the latest OS update available for the phone, and new updates don't seem to be coming out anymore. So, OS update is not an option, unless someone with enough authority like Avast team can persuade BQ that this is a security risk and they should release a new bug fix update. This solution would work for me.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: [Bug] Mobile security doesn't autostart
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »
Hi, please check, whether your device has some "Startup Manager", or a "Battery Saver", where you could allow our app to run in the background, that should solve the problem.