Author Topic: Unable to connect to my device  (Read 2140 times)

REDACTED

Unable to connect to my device
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:16:48 PM »
I recently discovered the Anti-theft product was discontinued and now it's embedded on Mobile Security. I checked my configuration via web and saw that I couldn't send any commands or contact my device so I decided to remove everything and do a fresh install. Installation goes well, I'm able to connect to Avast with my account and the device shows up in the web dashboard but I can't get anti-theft to work. I tried both activating it from the app and web to no avail. Actually I can activate it from the app but I can't send any commands to the device nor contact it via web. I always get a message saying it was unable to connect my device.

Tried reinstalling it multiple times to no avail, even after rebooting the device multiple times before and after installation. I have VPN softare on my device so I also tried disabling it but still can't connect to my device.

My device is a Motorola Z Play and I'm using two SIMs (one from Canada and another from Brazil) but this hasn't caused me any trouble with other apps. Android is 8.0.0 and fully updated.

REDACTED

Re: Unable to connect to my device
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »
Update: tried the full reinstall again and now it worked but I had to enable anti-theft from the device app. Noticed a 14-day trial icon. Is anti-theft now a paid feature?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Yes, it is.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 06:05:18 PM »
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 07:04:04 AM by Asyn »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0