Author Topic: Avast does not refund my money back.  (Read 3148 times)

REDACTED

Avast does not refund my money back.
« on: July 19, 2018, 04:37:15 PM »
Hi

As the title says, Ive been trying to make a refund of 1 year subscription which I did not want.

I simply tried the "Free" version, and after it ended, I got money pulled of my card. For whatever reason its a 1 year subscription which is 95$ of money, basically all money that I had in my card.

Now I contacted them right after I saw that (Which was the day after I got charged with 95$) so far its been around 20 days, and whenever I make a ticket to ask what is happening with the refund, all I get is an answer of a copy/paste saying that I should wait 7 days, when I already waited like 20+ days.

So what can I do to get my refund?
That is mere stealing of my money, and I did not even know I had a subscription thing going, before I got charged.
Eventhough I contacted them almost right after, nothing happens and a month closes by since the issue happened.

I hope I can get help here, otherwise I'll have to look for answers elsewhere or do something about it. Im not leaving things like that. I wish at least I got proper response from their support team but it doesnt seem like that is going to happen.

Please help!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast does not refund my money back.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
Hi

As the title says, Ive been trying to make a refund of 1 year subscription which I did not want.

I simply tried the "Free" version, and after it ended, I got money pulled of my card. For whatever reason its a 1 year subscription which is 95$ of money, basically all money that I had in my card.

Now I contacted them right after I saw that (Which was the day after I got charged with 95$) so far its been around 20 days, and whenever I make a ticket to ask what is happening with the refund, all I get is an answer of a copy/paste saying that I should wait 7 days, when I already waited like 20+ days.

So what can I do to get my refund?
That is mere stealing of my money, and I did not even know I had a subscription thing going, before I got charged.
Eventhough I contacted them almost right after, nothing happens and a month closes by since the issue happened.

I hope I can get help here, otherwise I'll have to look for answers elsewhere or do something about it. Im not leaving things like that. I wish at least I got proper response from their support team but it doesnt seem like that is going to happen.

Please help!

Hello Mermy
Submitting "One" ticket is all that's needed and then patience Refund/resolution can take 10-14 Business Days . Submitting again and again will continually put you at the bottom 'again' for resolution. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
What was your support ticket ID number ?
What ever you don't submit multiple tickets for the same issue, they are handled in a first in first out (FiFo) order, subsequent submissions for the same issue just pushes you to the back of the Queue. 

How did they get your card details to be able to pull money from it ?
What product does this relate to ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 06:06:13 PM »
What was your support ticket ID number ?
What ever you don't submit multiple tickets for the same issue, they are handled in a first in first out (FiFo) order, subsequent submissions for the same issue just pushes you to the back of the Queue. 

How did they get your card details to be able to pull money from it ?
What product does this relate to ?

If I understood correctly, I read that the OP tried a "free trial"  and as we know the offer requires Credit Card info and then "cancellation" of free trial offer.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 06:51:17 PM »
Hi,

DavidR, My ID number is 49273676000.

I didnt know about the queue, and I did did create a number of tickets.
But that was because I got told to wait 7 days and nothing really happened in that time, so I am getting worried.
And the fact that they copy/paste the same answer to whatever I asked was getting even more frustrating.

So I have to wait 10-14 days?
But what happens if 30 days pass? Its already closing that number of 30 days, even though I have contacted them since day 1.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:15:16 PM »
Hi,

But that was because I got told to wait 7 days and nothing really happened in that time, so I am getting worried.
And the fact that they copy/paste the same answer to whatever I asked was getting even more frustrating.

But what happens if 30 days pass? Its already closing that number of 30 days, even though I have contacted them since day 1.

You have submitted within the time period, that'a all that counts
You have also supplied DavidR with the ticket ID>
Now patience will prevail. ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »
Thank you, I hope all works out!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
You're welcome.
All will be resolved. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 12:28:52 AM »
Hi,

This has been reported to avast.

The 30 days is related to your having reported it requesting a refund, it doesn't include processing time.  So if when you reported it you were within that 30 day trial period, then it should be processed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 03:36:04 AM »
Thank you for the reply

Looking forward to the 14 days and what will happen

Offline Quiksilver

• Avast team
    • Official Avast Support
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »
Hi Mermy,

The numbers provided were for the renewal order ID, not the ticket ID - regardless, the order was refunded on June 24th, 2018.

We often mention '7 days' to properly allow communication between banks when issuing a refund. However, the actual transfer usually take 2-3 working days. By all accounts the money should be already back in your account as of approximately 4 weeks ago.

We can discuss this via the ticket(s) you have submitted if you require more information such as the credit card used for the reimbursement.
Find answers to your questions via our support page