Author Topic: avast can't get off a virus  (Read 5361 times)

chesterman

avast can't get off a virus
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
i have just finished of formating my computer, and avast just can't take the virus out. every time i reboot my system, avast show me a warning of virus, and after i "try" to remove the virus, windows send me a error message.

forgive me my poor english, i don't speak english very well. if someone does not understood something i have said, please, tell me  ;)

the frases on the first pic is: "A malware have been found. However, there's no reason for panic. Try to follows the advices and procedure."

in the 2nd pic is: "the system could not find the specified file"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:18:22 PM by chesterman »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast can't get off a virus
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:24:48 AM »
Hello  ;)
The error seems to be due to an AutoIt false positive BUT, are you sure you've created this executables?
I mean, the WinSecure.exe and the Firewall.exe ?
Why did you put these files into the Windows\System32 folder?  :o

But, if you're not the owner (programmer) of these two files, well, they seem to be infected.
If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), you should:

1) Disable System Restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405
2) Clean your temporary files.
3) Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
4) Use a-squared or ewido (trojan removers).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 02:55:57 AM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file/s at: Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.
Or VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bearhead001

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 04:29:12 AM »
i have just finished of formating my computer, and avast just can't take the virus out. every time i reboot my system, avast show me a warning of virus, and after i "try" to remove the virus, windows send me a error message.

forgive me my poor english, i don't speak english very well. if someone does not understood something i have said, please, tell me  ;)

the frases on the first pic is: "A malware have been found. However, there's no reason for panic. Try to follows the advices and procedure."

Author, I can tell you . these two exceptional executable file are virus,and they should not have appeared in your computer.
you can kill them by yourself while avast! does not work~
you can delete them.But if they are hidden.you can set Windows to show all files.
then kill these two files(sometimes you can do it in Save-Mode because the virus will tell you you can not kill them ),and then ,clean registry,clean everything that has somthing to do with these two files in registry~
And then Reboot .I think that will work.
But it is just my personal opinion.please backup your registry and the files you think is importan for you~~
If some bad things happened,please do not trouble me ~
Thank you
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:25:15 AM by bearhead001 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »
- MoveOnBoot http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html
- Unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ is also good as it also has a few additional features to not only delete the files but stop any process that is stopping you from deleting a file.

You might try renaming them if you are wary of deleting them, example.exe to exampleOLD.exe that would hopefully stop them being linked to any registry key, etc. However avast may alert when you access the file/s to rename them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 03:49:48 PM »
A Hijack This log might provide some answers.

chesterman

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 05:58:27 PM »

Author, I can tell you . these two exceptional executable file are virus,and they should not have appeared in your computer.
you can kill them by yourself while avast! does not work~
you can delete them.But if they are hidden.you can set Windows to show all files.
then kill these two files(sometimes you can do it in Save-Mode because the virus will tell you you can not kill they ),and then ,clean registry,clean everything that has somthing to do with these two files in registry~
And then Reboot .I think that will work.
But it is just my personal opinion.please backup your registry and the files you think is importan for you~~
If some bad things happened,please do not trouble me ~
Thank you

hey, really tks bearhead001! you've solve my problem
tks to all the others too =D

bearhead001

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
you are welcome ~~
I can not believe I  have helped  you ~~
Is it a dream??;)
I am glad to see your problem has been solved~~~~
I will take a summer vacation soon and I have to get away form school for nearly 2 month.And I have no computer at home ~So ………………
But I will be back to here as soon as I come back to school~~~
I will miss you and all the others here~~~
Best wishes to all ~~~

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 08:25:09 PM »
Hi bearhead001,

That is the satisfaction you get from helping others get rid of malware. When you return from your school holidays you come back here, and you will notice you will further gain in a lot of knowledge here. We are proud of you.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

bearhead001

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 09:44:51 PM »
Hi bearhead001,

That is the satisfaction you get from helping others get rid of malware. When you return from your school holidays you come back here, and you will notice you will further gain in a lot of knowledge here. We are proud of you.

polonus

Hi~~~
Thanks for your encouragement.
I am very happy to know I can give help to others ,especially I helped a foreign friend.
I will do my best to get more knowledge  and help more people ~~ ;)