Author Topic: Wi-Fi Inspector  (Read 1760 times)

Offline ron2

Wi-Fi Inspector
« on: August 02, 2018, 02:44:11 AM »
Just re-installed Avast Pro after a clean re-install of W10 (due to hardware malfunction).  After several hours of uneventful activity, Avast pop-up "detected a new network".  I scanned it and Wi-Fi inspector flagged two devices with the same problem "UPNP: Service is vulnerable to attacks from within your network".  Under details it refers to Vulnerability ID: CVE-2012-5958 which, when I click on the link, tells me "Your router is vulnerable to network attacks".

???

So is it the router or the device?  And if the devices are vulnerable to attacks **within** my network, why is that an issue?

Both devices are rather old (one is a security cam; the other is a dish network satellite box with dvr) and probably have the last firmware released.  The router has the most up to date firmware release (less than a month ago), so if that is truly an issue, what, exactly, is the vulnerability being detected in the router so that I may inform the manufacturer>

Thank you.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Wi-Fi Inspector
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:51:43 AM »
I can't tell you exactly what you problem could be, but I recall helping someone with their router hook up and settings, and scanned with Wi Fi Inspector and found  vulnerability; in that instance was a 'weak password'
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 03:54:57 AM by schmidthouse »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Wi-Fi Inspector
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 08:35:55 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0