Author Topic: Problems with Java Script blocking  (Read 4718 times)

Sonne

Problems with Java Script blocking
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »
Hello!
I'm here for the first time. I need a little help.
My antivirus program recently expired. And as I installed a new one, I realized I have a big problem. My browser seems to be blocking the Java, I can't visit some pages that I used to, because it's not shown completely. I tried everything to change the settings of the antivirus program. But I just can't get it work properly. I even installed a new Java, but there is still no effect. Plesase help!
Thank you!

ardvark

Re: Problems with Java Script blocking
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:13:10 PM »
Hi Sonne...

Are you referring to Internet Explorer? If so, version 5, 6 or 7 Beta?

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
My antivirus program recently expired.
Which one?

And as I installed a new one
avast I suppose...

My browser seems to be blocking the Java, I can't visit some pages that I used to, because it's not shown completely. I tried everything to change the settings of the antivirus program. But I just can't get it work properly. I even installed a new Java, but there is still no effect. Plesase help!
You could set your browser settings (security) to the default levels.
Do you use a firewall? Which one?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 02:49:36 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Sonne

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:03:40 AM »
Hi!
Yes, I installed Avast Home Edition. First I had problems with cookies. As I managed to solve that problem, the problem with Java occured. I tried to set the Avast so, that it would have no script blocking, but I had no luck.
I'll try the default settings in security, we'll see what will happen.

Sonne

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »
Oh, I forgott. Yes, Tech, I do use Firewall but just the one, that is already in Windows. But I don't know what Browser I have, in computers I understand only basics and don't know where to check the version of the Browser.
Thanks for your help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »
So, if you don't have problem with firewall and browser (setting them to default security options), you can try to install Java to correct this...
Last version: 1.5.0_07-b03 (http://www.java.com)

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 01:56:54 AM »
But I don't know what Browser I have, in computers I understand only basics and don't know where to check the version of the Browser.

If you are using internet explorer click help at the top of the browser, click about internet explorer. It will give you a pop up with the version and any sevice packs etc.

Sonne

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »
Hi!
I was away all week. And  now I was trying to fix my problems following your advices.
Unfortunately the problem still continues.
I was just about to lose my nerves, when I realised what the cause could be. I had some viruses on my computer and I chose to delete them and not to send them into the virus chest. I think I might have deleted some Windows component that makes my Browser work strange. Even my e-mail account is not in standard mode, it appears in HTML mode. And I can't switch back on standard.
I decided to boot the Windows CD and try to repair it.

Thanks for your advices anyway. At least now I know that my Browser is Version 6.

Well, I'll let you know if it worked.
Bye!

Sonne

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:46:48 AM »
Hi!
As I promised, I'm letting you know about solution.
Only the new Windows installation fixed the problem. Of course I had a lot of work to do, but now is everything O.K.
Bye!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 04:47:15 PM »
Hi! As I promised, I'm letting you know about solution.
Only the new Windows installation fixed the problem. Of course I had a lot of work to do, but now is everything O.K.
Thanks for posting... sometimes, starting all over again is the best (the only) solution  ;D