Author Topic: Advast Chest Help  (Read 2247 times)

j00ston

Advast Chest Help
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »
Hello everyone i'm new to this forum and to Avast. My question revolves around the chest. Recently i've been unable to download things off the internet and been getting pop ups. I'm a pretty advanced user on the PC in my opinion. Well anyways I wanted to try Avast it was reccomended to me by my friend. It found a half or dozen problems including a trojan. I did the recommended and moved to the chest. After scan was complete I clicked on the Chest Icon and I get this:
RESUME TAB
Initialization of Chest files
Action was completed with errors!
 ERROR REPORT TAB
Program cannot use Chest client: (null)
--->Description: Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.
DETAILED INFORMATION TAB
Initialization of Chest files
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program will try to load all Chest files from the following server: (null)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Action was completed with errors!

I did a thorough scan and it took many hours now i don't even know what happend to the infected files, if anything at all. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. You are welcome to contact me by e-mail if you need to. I will check back here later. Thanks again everyone!
-Justin

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Advast Chest Help
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

j00ston

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 05:02:31 PM »
Just tried that, got nothing. What is my chest supposed to be like after a scan with an afected machine?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »
It has different sections: Infected Files, those detected by avast and you chose send to chest; User Files, those that although not detected you want to have them added to the chest; System Files, backup of important system files used if originals get infected; All chest files, groups all together into a single list.

Have you tried a reboot as the RPC communication error seems strange without RPC nothing would work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security