Author Topic: message avast  (Read 5138 times)

okeee

message avast
« on: July 12, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »
I use avast antivirus. I wouldn't like to receive any messages when avast is running, only when the program is opened. Such as detection of a virus, or unable to update. I would like to watch any messages only when the program is opened. What are the display messages configuration for this?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: message avast
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »
The program consists of multiple parts - on-demand scanner (such as the Simple User Interface), resident protection, updater, etc.
It is not possible to configure the program such that one part (e.g. the resident protection) displays messages only when another part (e.g. the on-damand scanner) is running - if that's why you are asking about. And, it wouldn't really have much sense to do so.

You can suppress some messages by enabling the silent mode for the corresponding part... but for more details, you'd have to be more specific about the messages.

okeee

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 03:44:09 PM »
When resident protection is running, I don't want to receive a message such as about a virus has been found, but I want to see it when I open the program. On-demand-scanning messages don't matter, they should be enabled for warnings.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »
So, you actually want to disable the warnings, but want to be able to see them later... right?
I don't think it's possible, at least not exactly. You may enable the silent mode for the corresponding resident providers, and later check avast! Log (or resident protection report file) for any viruses previously detected.

okeee

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »
enable the silent mode for the corresponding resident providers, and later check avast! Log (or resident protection report file) for any viruses previously detected.

How does this work, I don't see any?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »
If you start avast! Log Viewer, the "Warning" cathegory contains viruses previously found.
(Supposed you have "Warning" logging enabled in program settings - Logging page)

okeee

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:49 PM »
I meant how does this work?

You may enable the silent mode for the corresponding resident providers,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:01:17 PM »
I meant how does this work?
In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Or Silent Mode:

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for hte user automatically.
The best things in life are free.

okeee

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 08:22:22 PM »

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Because, when a virus is found, no message will be given?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 01:12:53 AM »
Because, when a virus is found, no message will be given?
For the on-access protection the better will be the message... you can send a system file for chest and you won't boot your computer next time...
Well, at least, don't say we don't alert you  ;D
The best things in life are free.