Author Topic: Avast Secure Browser Not Running All of a Sudden  (Read 4255 times)

REDACTED

Avast Secure Browser Not Running All of a Sudden
« on: September 28, 2018, 03:09:24 AM »
Hi. I'm new to the forum so please excuse any mistakes I make in posting. I have Avast Premium and I use the secure browser frequently. It ran fine up until a couple of days ago, 9/25/18. I click on the secure browser icon on my desktop and it won't run. I tried rebooting my computer and still nothing. I have no idea what happened or why it's having issues all of a sudden. I have not made any changes to it or to my computer. It did do an update around the time that it stopped working but every other program on my laptop runs as usual. Anyone have any idea why my Avast Secure Browser won't work? Thank you in advance for any help.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Secure Browser Not Running All of a Sudden
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
I came to this forum bc the same thing happened to me - my startbar icon went blank and i couldn't find a link to ASB from within Avast ... so I searched on my C drive like 'old skool'. Bingo! I can set up a shortcut no problem to the exe.

But most distressing after starting the 'new improved browser' is that it failed utterly to keep any of my IMPORTANT financial faves (and settings??) from the previous version!!

and as a final kick in the gotchas it ALSO nefariously defaulted to import all my bookmarks from my 'normal' browser. (Yes I use ASB for only secure transactions bc you know what i ALREADY HAVE a preferred browser thanks). Well I cancelled that idiocy. Its bad enough trusting one company to keep my data safe but duplicating that to Avast as well, that's the very definition of unsafe browsing.

But quite why this new sexy software apparently doesn't even recognise that it had a forerunner, much less that there were personal settings for it? considering the whole role of this software is to make financial transactions pain-free, thats quite a wtf moment. :o

So I was going to ask for advice 'how can i migrate the old settings from ASB predecessor'... anybody know?

Or I will just go old skool again and dig out the piece of paper with all the account details on...

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Avast Secure Browser Not Running All of a Sudden
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
Avast Help:  https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/29/

As for ASB not running, go to Troubleshooting at the bottom of the Help page.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801