Author Topic: Can Avast Home defend passwords?  (Read 2482 times)

carioca

Can Avast Home defend passwords?
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:58:57 AM »
 ???
Hi Community,
Can Avast Home defend me from being a password ripoff victim by using the Hooks interception (catching SetWindowsHookEx, SetWinEventHook API - the most usable ways for passwords and other private information interceptions) ?  once a hacker stole my password and invaded my home computer. Do you know some methods or hints to prevent it. If I use internet to surf, e-mail by webmail, purchasing with credit cards and internet banking and so on.  From now on I use firefox and opera browser  , DiamondCS PG, Winpatrol Plus, Online Armor, System Safety Monitor, defensewall 1.6.1, agnitum outpost pro firewall, Ewido free version,a-squared antimalware, Webroot Spy Sweeper and Superantispyware Professional. I am almost paranoid user about preventing to be rip it off again. I would appreciate your helpful clues. If Avast home can't afford be password ripped off , what solution do you recommend me? Perhaps a antillogger software but they are very costful. Best Regards. What about the one called snoopfree? Is thatt reliable? Best Regards.

ardvark

Re: Can Avast Home defend passwords?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:40:13 AM »
Hi carioca...

Wowsers! It looks as though you are trying to recreate Fort Knox.  :P

It's not a good idea to have that many security programs running together in tandem, particularly firewall and antivirus applications. This can lead to conflicts, not taking into account a tremendous drain on system resources.

Avast, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Ewido, Outpost and Firefox and/or Opera should be sufficient protection, as well as the antilogger if you desire one. I don't have any personal experience with them (antiloggers) to give you any specific advice, though.

Avast doesn't deal with hacking and password issues that I know of, just virus detection and removal.

Best Regards...