Author Topic: Does My Purchase for Android Carry to Windows?  (Read 4558 times)

REDACTED

Does My Purchase for Android Carry to Windows?
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
Hi.
I just installed Avast on my PC, but have had it on my phone for nearly a year. Am I able to use the same account that I'm paying for on the phone for my 'puter?

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Does My Purchase for Android Carry to Windows?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:18:52 PM »
Only if you have a multiple device license, one license is only for one device.

Offline Insomnimatic

• Beta Tester
  • Musician, Programmer, Beginner Electronic Designer
    • My Original Music
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 11:38:25 PM »
More than likely not. Unless, as CraigB mentioned, you have a Multi-Device subscription. For the pro version of Avast Mobile, the subscription is $11.99 USD per year and the lowest Windows OS version subscription package is $59.99 USD per year.

Just that alone tells me there's no way it would apply to PC unless the devs overlooked that.

I would say the $59.99/year option is actually worth the cash. Real-time and online protection is a must for Windows PCs with how often you can and will run into malware/attacks. No matter how careful you are online, it can and will happen. I learned that the hard way, recently.

However, if you feel comfortable with the free version of Avast for PC, stick with that. Avast is one of the best free security options for PC. From my experience, most other free anti-viruses are a file scan tool with subpar definitions.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:50:13 PM by Insomnimatic »
Unofficial Certified Trash

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:26:15 AM »
@ Insomnimatic
The greatest competition the Avast Paid versions have is from Avast Free :)

Real time and online protection are core elements in all versions, there are other functions that are available in the paid versions. A lot would depend on the users needs/requirements and some of these features I have a hard time thinking why are they in an antivirus security program

I have been using avast free for over 14 years and no infections.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Insomnimatic

• Beta Tester
  • Musician, Programmer, Beginner Electronic Designer
    • My Original Music
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:37:21 AM »
@ Insomnimatic
The greatest competition the Avast Paid versions have is from Avast Free :)

Real time and online protection are core elements in all versions, there are other functions that are available in the paid versions. A lot would depend on the users needs/requirements and some of these features I have a hard time thinking why are they in an antivirus security program

I have been using avast free for over 14 years and no infections.

Agreed and I've been an Avast user since around 2008. I've tried others but always came back to Avast. I would say it's the only antivirus that I truly feel is trustworthy.

I had been virus free for many years but I ran into a "mostly undetectable" (mud) memory injected virus, recently. The programmers of this one are consistently trying to make it "Fully Undetectable" (fud). I've been keeping tabs on it through Virustotal, though and it recently went from 4 engines detecting to 3. So currently battling it by manually trying to remove its core files.
Lesson learned: You can't always rely on one failsafe 😅
Unofficial Certified Trash