Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security uses too much battery  (Read 8156 times)

REDACTED

Avast Mobile Security uses too much battery
« on: October 26, 2018, 06:07:02 AM »
Why Avast Mobile Security uses too much battery in My redmi 3s prime?it uses 15-25 % of my battery why?everytime since 20 October when i checked battery uses Avast Mobile Security always uses 15% to 25% of battery...but this was not happened at Past... this problems started happening in recently...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:11:14 AM by ubhatta97 »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast Mobile Security uses too much battery
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
Hi, there might be a conflicting app. Do you use any cleaner or app killing feature? If anything kills the Avast app, it restarts, and is killed and restarts over and over again, then it might consume more battery. Solution is to whitelist Avast from such cleaner.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
In redmi 3s prime there is an inbuilt cleaner but i put Avast Mobile Security in exception list...and the problem is started happening in recent days otherwise the app was running well in my mobile at past so i think there was a bug in this app...

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
Recently i download AVG Mobile Antivirus (latest version) but surprisingly this app not draining my battery...so i think there has some bug in this app...

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »
Hi, as you have already been in touch with our Support, I would like to kindly ask you to wait for their response. If the common troubleshooting has not helped, your problem will require some further dialogue, and our Support guys are the best to deal with it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:41:02 AM »
Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 04:16:10 AM »
It's one month since i first contracted with the developers...but sadly they are failed to solving this problem as the battery power uses by Avast Mobile Security is always increasing... please give me a solution...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:17:50 AM by ubhatta97 »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 04:06:38 AM »
I recently reactivate the Avast protection and surprised for the enormus battery usage. Before reactivation the battery lasts up to 2 days but after this lasts less than a day... Saddly I purchased the full version 😢

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 08:43:51 PM »
Hi, there might be some conflicting app. Do you use any cleaner or app killing feature? If anything kills the Avast app, it restarts, and is killed and restarts over and over again, then it might consume more battery. Solution is to whitelist Avast from such cleaner.