Author Topic: Uh..not sure  (Read 3418 times)

Moogle

Uh..not sure
« on: July 21, 2006, 10:38:32 PM »
I came home today from work and turned on my monitor. When it came on there was a window for avast that siad it needed to restart my computer. I was like ok, maybe it updated or something. So I let it restart.  Computer boots up and after windows loads avast is the last to load and there is a red x over the icon...I click it and it had nothing there...So i was like wtf is up. Restarted and used Go Back to go back to 2 days ago. Well I figured i had something there so I started scaning, and it popped up that it needed to restart, i clicked no and its still running the scan..

Is this something i should be alarmed about or what should I do?

Database is 0629-1
version 4.6
windows 98 se

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Uh..not sure
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »
avast shouldn't be disabled after an update...
Do you have any other security program in this computer? Any other antivirus?

If you update your avast now (program + virus database), will everything be good and working?
The best things in life are free.

Moogle

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 11:20:09 PM »
Only thing else i have is goback, and i used that to go bac 2 days ago. I started a scan and i got a virus database update and shortly after that it popped up with the restart thing i said no. The scan finished and found nothing.   As of now avast is working fine, untill i restart then it probably wont.. so should i go ahead and restard and update avast?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
So should i go ahead and restard and update avast?
It shouldn't harm your installation... there were not a program update last two days... it shouldn't change anything.

Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair). You must be connected to the internet while repairing.
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?

Moogle

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:28:45 PM »
ok so i did the repair thing and restartded, still did the same thing where  there is noting on the on- acesss scanner

and wont let me enable it

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »
ok so i did the repair thing and restartded, still did the same thing where  there is noting on the on- acesss scanner
and wont let me enable it
Like I've said, if that does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?

Moogle

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 11:35:41 PM »
Yes i downloaded the updated program and going to install it

Moogle

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 11:43:46 PM »
Ok i reinstalled and it seems fine, it did a virus database update, and all seems to be fine now. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 11:48:11 PM »
Ok i reinstalled and it seems fine, it did a virus database update, and all seems to be fine now. Thanks
You're welcome... feel free to come back and ask for further help if you need  ;)