Author Topic: Avast duality  (Read 2059 times)

Notar

Avast duality
« on: July 25, 2006, 05:15:48 AM »
 Yesterday, I finally updated to 4.7.844 from 4.7.763 reluctantly(it sneaked thru  the Firewall and I answered yes to the Popup).

Due to other problems I had to do a System Restore on Windows XP SP2, which I thought would have removed this update. Then I did use another program - ERUNT which went further back in time than the aforementioned system restore.

The upshot is that I have seemingly both ,4.7.844 and 4.7.763 installed - see screenshot:

Also, the tooltip says - "avast! On-Access Scanner: 10 Providers(s) total, 1 running"

Hopefully, This can be corrected without having to do a uninstall /reinstall. I tried to do a repair,but no change.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:23:34 AM by Notar »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast duality
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:45:27 AM »
Connect to internet and go to Add Remove Programs, select avast! Antivirus, click Change and then select Repair. Reboot when asked so.
This should help.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast duality
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:35 AM »
Strange... did you restart the computer after the update?

Can you please post the listing of your avast! installation folder (at the moment when you see 10 providers in the list)?
You can do it e.g. by running the command:
dir "C:\Program Files\ALWIL Software\avast4\*" > c:\avast.txt
from the command prompt and post the content of the c:\avast.txt file here (of course, you should change the path to avast! installation folder in the command if you installed it elsewhere).
Thanks!