Consumer Products > Avast Secure Browser for Windows

Shortcut problem

<< < (2/3) > >>

demetry842:
Ugh... Sorry for "double-post", but i've found new info!

Problem not gone. Well atleast not completely. Just problem was't in "short cut buttons". Problem in searching system. When i'd reinstall the browser, all options back to basic (and "searching system" to - google). And with "google" shortcuts works fine. But if i change searching sistem to "Yandex", "Yahoo!" or "Bing" - it cause problem with shortcuts. Back to google - problem gone.

I'm just fount it, and not tried other "searching system", so - may be some of them can cause same problem.

Any advice about this situation?

mchain:

--- Quote from: demetry842 on January 18, 2019, 12:55:09 AM ---Ugh... Sorry for "double-post", but i've found new info!

Problem not gone. Well atleast not completely. Just problem was't in "short cut buttons". Problem in searching system. When i'd reinstall the browser, all options back to basic (and "searching system" to - google). And with "google" shortcuts works fine. But if i change searching sistem to "Yandex", "Yahoo!" or "Bing" - it cause problem with shortcuts. Back to google - problem gone.

I'm just fount it, and not tried other "searching system", so - may be some of them can cause same problem.

Any advice about this situation?

--- End quote ---
It's important to install ASB as an administrator and to not install as a standard user.  You've to select an administrator and use password to install.

New issue is with your search engine:  Google works and others don't?  What shortcuts?  Where?   ???

demetry842:

--- Quote from: mchain on January 18, 2019, 03:05:46 AM ---.................

New issue is with your search engine:  Google works and others don't?  What shortcuts?  Where?   ???

--- End quote ---

Ok - step by step:

Picture №1 - shortcut menu.

And such problem - with all "searching sistem" (which you can choose from ASB menu) exept google.

mchain:
Try this:  Ctrl+Shift+Delete  Press all three buttons at the same time.

In the window that opens, select 'Advanced'>Time Range>All Time

You will see 9 clearing items, select the first 7.  Click the 'Clear Data' button.

Now click the home button or refresh the page to see your changes.

All search engines work except Google?

demetry842:

--- Quote from: mchain on January 19, 2019, 05:46:48 AM ---Try this:  Ctrl+Shift+Delete  Press all three buttons at the same time.

In the window that opens, select 'Advanced'>Time Range>All Time

You will see 9 clearing items, select the first 7.  Click the 'Clear Data' button.

Now click the home button or refresh the page to see your changes.

--- End quote ---

You mean clear history? Sure i'm already did it (it was a first thing what i did). And i did it agane - right now - just for sure. Doesnt help.

--- Quote from: mchain on January 19, 2019, 05:46:48 AM ---All search engines work except Google?

--- End quote ---

Nope - reversal: All search engines DOESNT WORK PROPERLY - exept Google.

+ i'm just found it: ASB takes more RAM than it was before - somethin about +400 MB above normal size. And this RAM stay busy after closing browser (only PC restart can clear it).

i'm even can't find where it goes. Just task manager shows: 25% of RAM - busy. Instead normal 20-21%. For a beginning I'm wasnt sure about it (thought - may be it some windows process), but after a several days of testing - i see the same story every time than i launch ASB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version