Author Topic: Would this be OK?  (Read 4619 times)

Just1Vet

Would this be OK?
« on: January 11, 2004, 03:03:14 AM »
I am a computer hobbiest, and I also do some cleaning and repairs on other peoples home computers on the side. It never ceases to amaze me just how many are running without any virus protection at all.

So my question is, would it be OK for me to make a copy of the install and when I run across one of these [begin rant] people who don't care what virus their machine has on it as long as it works regardless of how many viruses or DOS attacks it is sending out to others [/rant] to install this product? (with their permission of course)

I will not be charging them for the program or any additional time it takes and they will still be doing the registration under their own name/e-mail address.

And a Big Thanks for making this product available! I have known about it for a while, but just tried it out.  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Would this be OK?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 05:34:15 AM »
I won't tell anything 'cause I'm nobody... just another happy user and one of two existing (for now, I hope there will be some more creators in the future) Avast! skin designers (oh, I'm so proud, I can't even describe it...)

But, I'll tell you this...
You'll get your answer from one of Alwil Software guys soon. Don't think they are not responding... it's weekend and that's the only reason... just wait for monday and you'll see what's really rush... just like bee hive. They have wonderful forum support and they are greatest bunch of people I've ever seen in any forum on the internet.

I'm 99% sure you'll get positive respond soon.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 05:36:39 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 10:50:30 AM »
If they register under their own names (i.e. request their own license key), and are (obviously) using the computer for home, non-profit purposes (which is the basic requirement), you can of course install avast Home Edition on their computers.

Also, if there's more than one computer in the house (house more or less meaning a family in the house, i.e. ~individual appartments), they're only required to register once (and can use the received key in all avast installations in that house).

I hope you got the point. :)

Hope this explains it a bit,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 07:10:48 PM »
So my question is, would it be OK for me to make a copy of the install and when I run across one of these [begin rant] people who don't care what virus their machine has on it as long as it works regardless of how many viruses or DOS attacks it is sending out to others [/rant] to install this product? (with their permission of course)

O/T relative to your question -- but I loved your "coding".  ;D
Now if we can only find a proper medium for it that YaBB (and others) will recognize and accept.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent