Author Topic: PDF:URLMal-inf[Trj] Popping up in Avast notifications, Fales positive? [SOLVED!]  (Read 5423 times)

Offline P515

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted here, was hoping to get some info, insight and help with a problem that just recently popped up.

First issue happened at 9:56PM today ( 29/01/2019 ) I didn't think much of it, just removed the infected file, did a virus scan using Avast and afterwards Malwarbytes, both of which came up clean, no infections detected, Then less than an hour later at 10:22 PM the same notification popped up, Okay so now I'm concerned, I always browse safely and I never download from shady sites so what's going on? I went ahead and checked my Avast and malwarebytes in case they were out of date but this is not the case.

I check the quarantine section the file reads: PDF:URLMal-inf[Trj] The infected file being: I-Apple Incoma Imisbenzi Yokusekela#3536475.pdf

This file is apparently located in the Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps which in turn is located within my Appdata.

I've attempted to search for the file that is apparently infected but it does not exist, I followed the it all the way through my Appdata files and it simply isn't there, which makes me wounder if this is a sudden false positive due to my Avast getting a Virus definitions update earlier today at around 5:30PM.

I sent the second virus notification off for analysis but I wanted to ask here for a more speedy response.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:02:46 AM by P515 »

Offline P515

Re: PDF:URLMal-inf[Trj] Popping up in Avast notifications, Fales positive?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:02:17 AM »
Okay this can be marked as solved, A rather dumb moment on my part but I ended up checking my Outlook to find the culprit email, Junk email I might add, I can only guess there was something in that attached PDF which could be harmful?

Sorry for the fuss but I hope that it's sorted now.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Not infected

URL:Mal = Blacklisted URL or IP

PDF:URLMal-inf[Trj] = pdf.doc that contain link to a blacklisted URL