Author Topic: Avast Internet Security blocking everything.  (Read 2932 times)

Offline jwilkie95

Avast Internet Security blocking everything.
« on: February 20, 2019, 09:21:05 PM »
I used to use the free internet security from avast, I always used to get a problem every now and then with BYOND where it would block the dream seeker on it an stop all the games from working, sometimes this would last an hour or two and then rectify its self but today it did it again so I purchased the internet security so I could go into the firewall settings to allow byond and all its apps to work. this is not the case, I just spent £20 on this but now its worse than ever. My internet keeps getting blocked, it wouldn't even let me connect to the byond hub anymore either ALSO IT WONT LET ME CONNECT TO THE WEBSITE!! I tried to put the byond apps into the exception part and the website for byond too but absolutely nothing works. I even went into the application rules part, made a new folder for the byond items and put them there, and issued all connections with the firewall too and still nothing, i'm absolutely sick to death with this.

THIS SECURITY SOFTWARE IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING AND I WANT MY CASH BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not paying for something thats clearly broken and they do not care about fixing it. It all just seems like a damn money grab.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Internet Security blocking everything.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 09:23:28 PM »
Is your firewall network profile in private or puplic mode?

https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

Offline jwilkie95

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 09:25:01 PM »
It's on public settings.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:25:42 PM »
=================================================================

NOTE:The Network profiles control the settings which determine how strictly Firewall protects your PC.

Private: a lower level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a trusted network such as your home or work network.
This profile enables better connectivity, and permits all communication within the network.

Public: a higher level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a public network such as in a cafe or airport.
Because public networks present greater security risks, no incoming communication is permitted when this profile is set.

=================================================================

Offline jwilkie95

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
I've already switched to private mode a few times and it still doesn't allow me to connect to the site. I had to turn off my firewall just so I could reconnect to my internet. I've read all of that stuff on previous forums but still nothing works.

Offline jwilkie95

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
PONDUS, i've already looked at that link you provided even before I created this account to post. IT STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:30 PM »
I've already switched to private mode a few times and it still doesn't allow me to connect to the site.
Try reboot after setting private

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Tested the link Pondus gave in reply #1 and it works for me.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »
Tested the link Pondus gave in reply #1 and it works for me.
I assume it is the instructions in the link he mean dont work and not the link itselfe