Author Topic: Opening Avasy on mac w/o intro screen or pop notices....  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Map_Guy

Opening Avasy on mac w/o intro screen or pop notices....
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:03:50 PM »
I have a mac running Mojave with multiple accounts, because there are a lot of guests I am setting up a guest account with just the basics.

I will not be there to always manage this machine, but would like to have Avast on it so it can scan for issues.

I am fine with Avast running in the background, but it keeps coming up with the big intro/splash screen every time a guest account is used!!!

Is there any way to avoid this?

There are some non computer literate users and I would rather just have them start up a guest account and got to the desktop without all the notices.

I'd appreciate any settings advice that would allow Avast to update and do its things. unless it finds a problem.

Offline jakub.bednar

• Avast team
Re: Opening Avasy on mac w/o intro screen or pop notices....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Hello,

Avast opens the UI only once for every user. It is part of the on-boarding flow. If you install AV it affects all the users on the Mac and they should know about it.

I guess that Guest accounts delete all their data after logout, thats why Avast does not remember that it had already shown the on-boarding. It is a good idea to not show this at all for guest accounts. We will take a look whether we can figure out if we run under Guest Account or not and not show it at all in such a case.

But it will take some time to get it public as we have just released new version 13.12. One think that comes to my mind is a workaround. I have it prepared, but can't upload it here. If you want me to provide it, please contact me via e-mail. (jakub.bednar at avast.com)

Best regards,

Jakub