Author Topic: may be a bug, browser sets itself to start on boot when I turned it off.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Danjw

At least 4 or 5 times since I first installed the avast browser it has set itself to launch when my computer starts even though I have previously turned it off.
This seems to coincide with either the browser updating or windows updating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I assume this isn't by design, at least I hope not.

It's not a huge problem just a minor annoyance.

thanks for you time.

Offline stevec5375

I have experienced the same issue.

Offline scribe

I have avastbrowser.exe running in the background and making some internet connections when I am not using it and even when I have not started it. What is the purpose of that? I find it very irritating to have yet another unnecessary process running in the background and making connections I did not initiate. The browser seems good and I might use it more but this is off-putting. I've never had a browser run in the background doing its own thing even when I'm not using it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:59:28 PM by scribe »

Offline scribe

Okay, well this is a bit much. I can't even find an app or service in Task Manager by that name so I can stop it. This is a deal breaker. Uninstalling. Pity, it looked promising, especially that VPN service that one could add to it. Although that also left a bad taste in my mouth for how it communicated price - hiding that until the last minute. Not a strategy you expect from a company you trust.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
See attached below:

3 dots upper right>Settings>Advanced  <Snips> are from version ASB version 67 but no issue with settings reverting in later versions.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801