Author Topic: I do not want my files scanned by Avast to change format  (Read 19220 times)

Offline trishsanderford

I do not want my files scanned by Avast to change format
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
When I installed Avast I opted to let it show that my files were scanned by Avast.  It changed the icon and type of my files.  I used to see my files as a Word document or PDF and I want to remove this Avast permission.  These files are now shown as AVAST HTML I want my icons to be Word or PDF or whatever type file it is.  I cannot find where to disable this feature in my settings.  Thank you if you can help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline tjmorgan58

Re: I do not want my files scanned by Avast to change format
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 08:06:59 AM »
I have tried every suggestion posted on these forums. None worked. Hello, Avast, why are you converting our Word files to HTML and not allowing us to convert them back. Or, Heaven forbid, you just don't convert them in the first place. Why do you do it? I won't be holding my breath for an answer. Answer or be a coward.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 11:07:01 AM »
What version of Avast are you using.
You do realise this thread is old, dating back from 2019.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 05:36:52 AM »
Better yet, do you have Avast Secure Browser installed? 

Free version or Pro version?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803