Author Topic: Was this a delayed update notice or ?  (Read 3152 times)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Was this a delayed update notice or ?
« on: January 13, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »
Hi,

For background, I'm on 4-Home with updates set to auto for the database and ask-when-available for the program.

Earlier today I did a manual database update, in case the system hadn't "pinged" right when I first got online, and sure enough there was today's 0312-6.

A while later I got that blue pop-up (or what looked like it) but was doing something else so couldn't see what it referred to.  So I then did a manual program update just in case, and was told that both program and database were already up to date.

If the auto-update does a retry 4 hours later and finds that I'm already updated, is there still a pop-up to let me know that?  I'm wondering if maybe that's what I almost-saw.

Thanks and best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Was this a delayed update notice or ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 12:46:21 AM »
I picked up the update-to-the-update (0312-8) manually just now when coming on line.

So possibly what I got was a notice of this newest one and the download server wasn't yet ready, I've heard that happens sometimes.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Was this a delayed update notice or ?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 01:39:38 AM »
I picked up the update-to-the-update (0312-8) manually just now when coming on line.

So possibly what I got was a notice of this newest one and the download server wasn't yet ready, I've heard that happens sometimes.

Quite probably yes, Mike...
If you want to get rid from the 'update' blue panel, see the avast4.ini file configuration here at the section [AAVM] and values SuppressUpdateErrorInfo and SuppressUpdatedInfo.

Today we have 2 updates...  ;D
The best things in life are free.