Author Topic: How to export history from Avast Security Browser?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline vchury

How to export history from Avast Security Browser?
« on: June 08, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
How to export history from Avast Security Browser?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: How to export history from Avast Security Browser?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 01:27:22 PM »
Hi vchury,

I'm afraid that there is no native option to export history from Avast Secure Browser.

It is possible to "export" the history from one instance of Secure Browser to Google Chrome (or another instance of Secure Browser on another system) by copying the History file from the %LocalAppData%\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default folder, and then overwriting the history file belonging to second instance. If any version of Avast Antivirus is installed, Avast Self-Defense must be disabled in the Troubleshooting settings in order to paste this file

Offline vchury

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 03:26:28 PM »
Hi BWhit,
thank you for helping me. Maybe this is a stupid question - is there any addon to ASB for exporting the history?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »
Hi vchury,

Add-ons that export the history for Chrome exist, and they can be used with Avast Secure Browser (as it is based on Chromium).

To do this, please open the Chrome web store in Avast Secure Browser (here) and chose an add-on.

Once you have chose, please click the "Add to Chrome" button. This will first prompt a warning from Extension Guard to appear - this is because installing any extension will reduce the security provide by the browser. If you wish to proceed, please check the box next to "I understand the risks", and then click the "Install anyway" button. You will then be able to use the add-on.

I'm afraid that I can't recommend any specific add-on to you, but you can find several by searching "Export History" on the web store.