Author Topic: Refund Request  (Read 1852 times)

Offline koperhad_8

Refund Request
« on: June 11, 2019, 02:04:50 AM »
Hello

I was wondering would I be able to get an update on the request I submitted.
I was to be making a purchase yesterday from elsewhere and suddenly avast took 59.99€ off my credit card.
This actually never happened before even tho I had a large sum on my account.

I tried out the free trial of Avast Internet Security for 60 days about 1-2-3 months ago and having browsed the forums it seems I wasn't the only one with this issue.
There was no option to do anything with auto-renewal.

Order ID:

Price Charged:
Subtotal: 48,77 €
Tax: 11,22 €
Total: 59,99 €

Next Expiration Date:
10 June 2020

There is also no option anywhere from where I looked to cancel anything and I understand that making a new request to support starts things all over again, so I would like to ask if anyone from Avast team sees this, if it's possible to also cancel any auto-renewal and any subscriptions I have.

Below is the email response after submitting a request.

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

As per your request, please accept this email as confirmation of your refund being approved for processing. We have now notified our online shop of the refund and they will arrange this transaction and notify you in due course.

Please note that the refund process can take up to a maximum of 7 business days.

I'm sure it can be faster than that, Amazon does refunds on the same days as requested.

I await a reply, thank you.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Refund Request
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:10 PM »
Hi koperhad_8,

I can confirm that there are no other subscriptions or auto-renewals in our system associated with either your name or your email address.

The Auto-renewal/subscription service can be cancelled in a variety of ways - through the Avast account website, the relevant distributor's website, or by contacting Avast support directly (detailed instructions for how to cancel can be found in this support article: https://support.avast.com/article/35/)

I am afraid that the timescale for refunds depends on the payment method you have used and is set by your card company and issuer - your refund was submitted on the same day by our distributor, but it can take up to 7 working days to show in your account.

Offline koperhad_8

Re: Refund Request
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »
Ah okay, I understand.

Well thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated  :)