Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
NEW Version: 19.6 (June 2019)
<< < (3/19) > >>
DavidGB:
I only started using Avast (premier) 10 days ago on a Windows 10 1903 laptop, but had noticed (and read in these forums about) the bug with the Firewall set new network profile problem (it is only ever connected to my home network), with that dialogue showing up after every re-start ... and sometimes, but not always, after waking up from sleep. I was hoping the next update would fix it.

For me, it did open the dialogue after the re-start following the Avast update last night; but I've just done a second re-start, and this time no dialogue and the profile is still correctly set to private. So looking good.
reddyshyam:
Hi,

I think I always remember to see only 3 services prior to 19.6. Now I am seeing 4, any particular reason? Please see attached. I am using Avast AV Free if it helps.

On Windows 10 pro 64bit 1903 latest
DavidR:

--- Quote from: reddyshyam on June 26, 2019, 03:42:30 PM ---Hi,

I think I always remember to see only 3 services prior to 19.6. Now I am seeing 4, any particular reason? Please see attached. I am using Avast AV Free if it helps.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the Antivirus engine server aswEngSrv.exe is back after a trial (not everyone will have been involved in that) and withdrawal for further improvement.

See this topic and this post in particular https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=228020.msg1510601#msg1510601.
reddyshyam:

--- Quote from: DavidR on June 26, 2019, 04:02:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: reddyshyam on June 26, 2019, 03:42:30 PM ---Hi,

--- End quote ---

Yes, the Antivirus engine server aswEngSrv.exe is back after a trial (not everyone will have been involved in that) and withdrawal for further improvement.

See this topic and this post in particular https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=228020.msg1510601#msg1510601.

--- End quote ---

Ah! Thanks David for the clarification. Sorry, my bad. I missed that post.
bob3160:
@Benko,
What exactly is meant by A Cleaner Goodbye
Is avastclear still needed ???
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version