Author Topic: Avast does not scan automatically  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Krzysztof164

Avast does not scan automatically
« on: August 07, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »
Hi
I've set Avast to scan every day. Two months ago I saw that Avast did not scan somewhere for a month. So I set a reminder to check from time to time Avast automatically scans. And today I see that Avast has not scanned 11 days. So I did a manual scan. Avast reported that the advanced www shield is turned off and that the virus definition database is Old. Of course, I fixed the problems. From what I remember, Avast also reported two months ago that the web shield is off. Do I have a virus that disables the web shield, blocks automatic scanning and downloading virus definition? I will add that I have Avast on my phone from the very beginning and probably never had a virus.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast does not scan automatically
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:18 PM »
Hi, it is more probably caused by some app or feature that keeps killing the AVG AntiVirus running in the background. You can check https://dontkillmyapp.com, which is a nice summary of how various manufacturers use optimizing features. Please let me know, whether it works, thanks.

Offline M. Ross

Re: Avast does not scan automatically
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
As I am reading your post the people who have hijacked my phone using this same method are trying to stop me from responding to you. So this stupidity is providing easy access to hackers and hijackers. I'm opening a law suit against Samsung. My life since the last update has been a living hell.