Author Topic: Premier won't open  (Read 950 times)

Offline cburns000

Premier won't open
« on: October 30, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »
Just a comment. I have had premier installed for over a year. The program decided last week to not open anymore. The big issue for me was passwords, which weren't backed up, and that's on me. After some searching, I called Avast support for assistance, and I have to say I was shocked. I don't know where I got the impression Avast was a legitimate company, but your tech support convinced me otherwise! I let that dirt-bag look in my machine, he pulls up the pre-fetch file, "Oh, your computer is exposed, needs cleaning, give us $190.00. What a scam. I'll uninstall your garbage and go with someone more major.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Premier won't open
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:52:45 PM »
Just a comment. I have had premier installed for over a year. The program decided last week to not open anymore. The big issue for me was passwords, which weren't backed up, and that's on me. After some searching, I called Avast support for assistance, and I have to say I was shocked. I don't know where I got the impression Avast was a legitimate company, but your tech support convinced me otherwise! I let that dirt-bag look in my machine, he pulls up the pre-fetch file, "Oh, your computer is exposed, needs cleaning, give us $190.00. What a scam. I'll uninstall your garbage and go with someone more major.

Hi,
From what you have written, it does not sound ideal, and it is not the manner in which we would approach our customers.
Could you please confirm the number you called so that we can confirm if it is indeed our number, and if so, investigate further as we are currently unable to say what exactly occurred.
We do offer a paid service (Avast Premium Tech Support) for over the phone - remote assistance, however, this being a paid service, is mentioned on our website and the customer is always informed before we proceed with any service.
We also offer free (non-phone and non-remote) assistance. You can always contact us for support via this link: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/