Author Topic: AVAST CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES ARE FRADULENTLY CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD.  (Read 1913 times)

Offline inthemanzanita

This morning I received an email that my Driver Update license had been auto-renewed. I don't have a Driver Updater license anymore. I cancelled it a year ago.  I called the 1-844-744-7824 number and the "representative" argued with me that I DID have the license and there was "nothing" she could do and if I hung up on her, I would see additional charges. I IMMEDIATELY saw an additional charge of $59.99 in addition to the fraudulent and UNAUTHORIZED charge of $39.99. THIS IS A SECURITY COMPANY FOLKS!!

My bank has stopped all payments and has given me instructions how to file this as a FRAUD. I also have one television station interested. I also will be filing a complaint with the CA STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE.

AVAST IS FRAUDULENTLY CHARGING CARDS. BEWARE. AT THIS POINT, THE CHARGES ARE STILL ON MY CARD. MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM AVAST CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: AVAST CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES ARE FRADULENTLY CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 10:02:58 PM »
Hi, please provide the name of the "representative" and date/time of the call.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0