Author Topic: Avast incorrectly warning "Time and Date are Wrong" (Looks solved)  (Read 1955 times)

Offline L.S

Avast Premium Security is warning me that "Your time and date are wrong. Please update your computer's time to prevent security (and time-travelling) issues." followed by a green "Update time" button that, when clicked does, nothing at all.

It should be noted that my time and date are 100% not wrong atm. However, daylight savings did happen in the last 48 hours and my computer's time is currently adjusted for that (am in Australia). Is it possible that Avast doesn't know about daylight savings or my location in regards to daylight savings? If so, is there some way to update that or to correct Avast as to what my correct time and date are?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:20:30 AM by L.S »

Offline Jimbo93

That reminds me... on my avast premium security I was getting incorrect warnings for a few things, one was windows update said it was turned off. Can’t remember the others. And I can’t look now because I uninstalled it for the 3rd or 4th time. Waiting for some info on my thread.
ASUS G73Sw, i7-2630QM, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX 460M, Windows 10 Home version 1909 build 18363.836
Avast Premium Security 20.4.2410 (build 20.4.5312.576)

Offline j.virta

Same issue here: "Time and Date are Wrong". I'm in Finland and had daylight savings, but a week ago Sunday.

, Jukka

Offline j.virta

And after reboot no problems. Strange.

Offline L.S

Turning the computer off and on again didn't work the first time, but after I did it a second time it worked and now Avast isn't displaying the message. Solved, I guess.