Author Topic: Avast Unable to detect RavmonE.exe  (Read 2444 times)

asifshehzad

Avast Unable to detect RavmonE.exe
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:09:29 AM »
I am very disappointed from Avast software as it is unsble to detect the backdoor trojan virus loaded with a file RavMone.exe. This virus opens system port for remote attack and stays in memory porcess that can be seen in task manager in windows xp. When is file is loaded, system becomes painfully slow... Plz update ur software or virus database so that it can be detected through ur software as i have been using your software for the last 06 months and loved its fanctionality, but now it fails to detect this virus.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Unable to detect RavmonE.exe
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »
avast requires samples to be able to analyse and then update the virus database.

If you are not getting a virus warning that you believe is a new, undetected virus then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces), or send from the chest.

Give a brief outline of the problem (possibly a link to this thread), the fact that you believe it to be a either a new, undetected virus and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security