Author Topic: netspooke3.biz => Threat stopped by Avast, but the message continues to appear  (Read 815 times)

Offline Chiara33

Dear all,

While using Chrome, my Avast Premium warns me that "the connection on netspooke3.biz has been stopped since it's on a blacklist".
I immediatelly scanned the entire PC (complete scan), but Avast could not find any issue
However, the pop-up continues to appear, randomly around twice every hour, even if I open Chrome with only the Google homepage displayed...
Last time happened few seconds ago, while writing on this forum...

- I tried to disable all the Chrome extensions, but the problem is still there
- My avast is updated

Does any of you have a similar problem / possible solution(s)?
I fear my PC has been infected, but I don't understand why Avast cannot find the Virus and erase it from my hard disk.

Many thanks for your support.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
I fear my PC has been infected, but I don't understand why Avast cannot find the Virus and erase it from my hard disk.
Probably because you dont have a virus, but you have something trying to connect to a blacklisted URL ..... It can also be a avast False Positive

Have you tried to clear your browser surf history?
Have you tried to run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner? (not the same as Malwarebytes Antimalware)

Still problems? see instructions  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194892.0

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:54:47 PM by Pondus »