Author Topic: license troubles  (Read 11708 times)

adiminca

license troubles
« on: January 20, 2004, 10:00:58 AM »
After having problems to install the program, I have another strange problem: the program starts, but gives me the following error message:
" Sorry, but the license for updating this product has expired"
Why is that, since I just received the license.dat yesterday and it says it is valid untill February 8th ?
  In the attachement I put the log created by this error message and the content of my downloaded " License.dat" file ???
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:02:49 AM by adiminca »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: license troubles
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 10:11:58 AM »
Is the clock set correctly?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

adiminca

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 05:52:01 PM »
Yes, both time and date are OK. But I was wondering - since I had troubles installing it, I uninstalled and reinstalled it several times until you gave me the solution- could this be the problem ?

adiminca

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 07:36:03 PM »
Victory! AfterI posted the last message, I uninstalled the program again, but this time I manually cleaned the registry of any traces of it. Then I installed it again and this time it worked. So, now I finnaly can use the program. Thanks everybody for your help! ;D

Martin

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 10:52:25 PM »
I have exactly the same problem, I've tried unloading the program from my system but did not clean out my registery. Then put in the BART disc, still got the same problem.

Do I have to clean out my registery, and then use the BART disc I made or do I have to regenerate the ISO file from the original 65Mb down load?

nothings easy in this life is it :)

boulmiche

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 10:25:34 AM »
I have the same problem with license. I tried the prog under windows and it runs well but when I boot from CD it says that license invakid, bla, bla...how to do?