Author Topic: Avast anti virus and the new anti cheat vanguard  (Read 7598 times)

Offline David2529

Avast anti virus and the new anti cheat vanguard
« on: May 07, 2020, 10:56:17 AM »
Hi, i discovered a problem when i finally got the new valorant game in closed bete, so, their anti cheat is blocking an avast process, i didn't mind it very much but next day i tried to open avast, it was running, it did see the tray icon, i clicked it and after a few seconds, nothing appears, i tried again, again.. it didn't worked so i tried to repair it from control panel/unninstall a programs/ and i searched avast, it showed up, i pressed unninstal waiting for the gui to repair it and nothing showed up again, so i got panicated a little and to not forget to mention in that moment windows antivirus has turned on so avast was off but somehow it was running in task manager so i went to avast website, i installed from there again avast with the old avast not unninstaled and finally after finishing installing it worked to open it and then i activated my subs etc i restarded my pc now everythings is ok oh and i forgot again to mention before trying to repair avast i unninstaled their anti cheat, i assume they need to make an exception in their software that will let avast run not thinking is a cheating software i dont know if i am the only one with this problem but i haven't seen on google a similar problem like mine so maybe i will help somebody fix the same issue like mine or maybe i help you avast team to take action of this problem, the main ideea is that the anti cheat is blocking one or maybe more avast processes.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast anti virus and the new anti cheat vanguard
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »
Hi, Thank you for the information.
It seems that it is causing a lot of issues.
Here is an article about it.
https://www.cbr.com/understanding-valorant-anti-cheat-controversy/

Offline Dknighter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »
Yes this is happening for me as well and a lot of people are reporting the same thing on the Valorant subreddit. The Avast user interface is being blocked by Vanguard and Avast Passwords is also getting completely blocked.

Offline David2529

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
Thanks for the info ♥♥♥

Offline DFC

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »
BIG problem, i dont wanna be without anti-virus...

Vanguard is blocking aswsp.sys at startup.

Plz fix this, contact Riot and fix it. PLZ

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
This game's anti-cheat system is pure cancer. The fact it's so intrusive means I'm never going to try this garbage. And to make matters worse, despite it being this aggressive, game is filled with cheaters based on reports from a lot of people and outlets. Not to mention how bad it is to have a random driver running on ring0. One thing is if antivirus does and even those are a certain liability, but for some game driver, it's just the worst. And developer basically being owned by Chinese, it's literally the worst combo possible.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 10:35:26 AM »
Hi,
Riot responded - a fix version has already been released.

Offline RaNDoMPReCiSioN

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 09:16:03 PM »
There is clearly no fix in place for this as I have a worried teenager with a PC that can't run avast because this anti-cheat system is blocking it. the game is as up to date as it could be.

Offline Spec8472

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 09:30:01 PM »
There is new issue different from original (aswsp.sys blockage). See https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234696.msg1549215#msg1549215

There is clearly no fix in place for this as I have a worried teenager with a PC that can't run avast because this anti-cheat system is blocking it. the game is as up to date as it could be.