Author Topic: Avast Stopping Apps from working  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Aiyunne

Avast Stopping Apps from working
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:09:25 AM »
So, this is going to be a touchy issue, as about 6 months ago I had an issue with Avast effecting my PC drastically, I can't remember the full details, it was blocking apps from functioning to optimize performance or something.

But then I went to switch to a new anti-virus. (I run Eset) and ran into a rather.. Peculiar issue.

Gyazo, Origin, iobit uninstaller, among several other apps I used frequently, stopped working entirely, the apps were still installed, among other things. I've tried reinstalling them to no avail, registers as an important exe to the app not working, for origin it was the origin.exe, for gyazo, gystation. I've tried directly posting the exe into the folder, running the app on admin, and everything

I've checked my fire walls on windows defender, eset, and so on.  To no avail. Unfortunately, however this is a huge inconvenience, as I've gotten to the point of considering factory resetting my laptop to try and get it fixed.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:12:36 AM by Aiyunne »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Avast Stopping Apps from working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:29:37 AM »
Quote: "But then I went to switch to a new anti-virus. (I run Eset)"
Quote: "I've checked my fire walls on windows defender, eset, and so on"

Hi
How many Anti viruses and firewalls do you have installed and running?
Do you have Avast Anti virus installed?

Offline Aiyunne

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 03:49:22 AM »
As of this time, I do not have avast installed, as the issues began before I removed it.

Windows defender has been disabled, as such the only AV I have still in stalled is Avast, however I came here to ask as I'm unsure what to do anymore. Regarding the issue.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 12:59:14 PM »
As of this time, I do not have avast installed...
...the only AV I have still in stalled is Avast,
It is unclear to anyone reading your post what AV software you actually have installed, as above you say on one line "I do not have Avast installed" then next you say I have Avast AV installed.

Would you please list
1. your operating system (version) and
2. all antivirus and firewall software (version and whether paid/free) you currently have installed
That will help us help you.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 03:47:27 PM »
As of this time, I do not have avast installed...
...the only AV I have still in stalled is Avast,
It is unclear to anyone reading your post what AV software you actually have installed, as above you say on one line "I do not have Avast installed" then next you say I have Avast AV installed.

Would you please list
1. your operating system (version) and
2. all antivirus and firewall software (version and whether paid/free) you currently have installed
That will help us help you.

The OP also stated running 'Eset'

Running more then one Anti virus/firewalls and/or not uninstalling previous security software with vender Removal tool will definitely cause issues within the OS>