Author Topic: avast premium trial  (Read 1021 times)

Offline samuel959

avast premium trial
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
why isnt avast returning to standard virus protection, instead it keeps popping up to renew premium.
iv had nothing but problems ever since i started the trial very disappointing to say the least

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast premium trial
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 06:48:44 PM »
why isnt avast returning to standard virus protection,

What isn't running ?

instead it keeps popping up to renew premium.

Has your trial ended or near its end ?
If so in either case you are going to get reminders to renew.

Note: If you are on the trial version at the end of that trial period you will bet billed, according to the payment instructions/mandate that you gave to start the trial.  As Asyn mentioned https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234534.msg1548389#msg1548389 on: 29 May 2020, 05:45:10

iv had nothing but problems ever since i started the trial very disappointing to say the least

You don't mention and details on what problems you have had.  Even in your other topic there isn't much detail and essentially were only seeking to cancel the trial.  You obviously haven't done that nor uninstalled completely or you wouldn't be nagged to renew.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline samuel959

Re: avast premium trial
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
WELL WHERE DO I START,downloaded premium, going ok for a few days then icon appears stating needs attention uninstalled it reinstalled it still no good downloaded that removal tool still no good had to reinstall windows downloaded avast antivirus free ,2 days before it expires it updated to premium again, also called avast over the phone and asked him to cancell my subscription what a waste of time that was, so sent email ,logged in cancelled my self, now it should revert to free virus only but noooooooooooo its has icon showing it needs attention basically pay for premium.in saying all that iv used avast for over 6 years its worked fine but soon as i tried there premium  it was a nitemare