Author Topic: Avast premium is not showing in task manager even the I have it down loaded  (Read 3046 times)

Offline pjrol

After installing and uninstalling Avast Premium it still is not showing in my ask manager or icon tray

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
After installing and uninstalling Avast Premium it still is not showing in my ask manager or icon tray

If the last action was uninstalling then that is correct.
Or are you talking about a clean reinstall ?

There should be many Avast process in the Background Processes of the Task Manager.

Do (or did) you have another antivirus installed, if so how did you remove it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pjrol

Did a one key recovery on my lenovo reinstalled clean up and vpn  and avast premium. all work except premium.

Offline pjrol

I uninstalled macafee.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Did a one key recovery on my lenovo reinstalled clean up and vpn  and avast premium. all work except premium.

I'm not sure how this works or if it would completely remove all elements of Avast Premium and the Avast Self-defence module.

I would suggest a Clean Reinstall:
1. - Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, avastclear.exe https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and save it to your HDD. Make a note of the steps required or print the page.
2. - Download the latest Avast off-line installation file for your Avast Program (see https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=234638.0) and save to your HDD.

Follow the instructions in the link in 1 above.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pjrol

Did all this ,got it uninstalled reinstalled  and still not showing up have the same problem

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Did all this ,got it uninstalled reinstalled  and still not showing up have the same problem

What does The Windows Security (Virus and Threat Protection) say is your installed antivirus ?

Offline pjrol

It says avast is my virus protection and fire wall

Offline pjrol

Also has window defender

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It says avast is my virus protection and fire wall

At least this shows that it is installed

Also has window defender

Click on the Windows Defender Antivirus options and ensure that it is disabled.  Its shouldn't be enabled as Windows should disable it when a 3rd party AV is installed.  But I even disable periodic scans for windows defender and reboot and see if avast starts to run.

Offline pjrol

I did that and it also got rid of my clean up and vpn. Had to reinstall them. I have all  my avast on  my desk top and premium is showing up there just not on Lenovo lap top.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I did that and it also got rid of my clean up and vpn. Had to reinstall them. I have all  my avast on  my desk top and premium is showing up there just not on Lenovo lap top.

So are you good to go on the original system ?

Did you have any other security software on the Lenovo laptop ?
You would essentially have to repeat what you have don the other system.

Offline pjrol

My desk top is good. Every thing I tried and still not showing in task manager on Lenovo I think it my be working but why is it not showing up. Installed and uninstalled umpteen times.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
My desk top is good. Every thing I tried and still not showing in task manager on Lenovo I think it my be working but why is it not showing up. Installed and uninstalled umpteen times.

Can you do a screenshot of your task manager like the one I posted (background processes) in Reply #1.

Offline pjrol

Okay, I will try it.