Author Topic: Ewido 4.0  (Read 5230 times)

j.m.reid

Ewido 4.0
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »
I recently installed Ewido 4.0 free 30 day trial version which gave you auto -updates and Shield protection.This was working fine until I noticed after 5/6 days the Shield was inactive for unknown reason. Trying to activate from settings , brought up a error box saying could not be activated.After numerous attempts to rectify this ,I have ran all programmes to make sure the system is clean (Spybot-Ad-aware-Avast)  but still cannot avtivate Shield. I have now  uninstalled and then re-installed Ewido and ran full system check but i do not have the auto-updates and Shield protection. Any advice to rectify this problem ,greatly appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Ewido 4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »
I recently installed Ewido 4.0 free 30 day trial version which gave you auto -updates and Shield protection.This was working fine until I noticed after 5/6 days the Shield was inactive for unknown reason. Trying to activate from settings , brought up a error box saying could not be activated.After numerous attempts to rectify this ,I have ran all programmes to make sure the system is clean (Spybot-Ad-aware-Avast)  but still cannot avtivate Shield. I have now  uninstalled and then re-installed Ewido and ran full system check but i do not have the auto-updates and Shield protection. Any advice to rectify this problem ,greatly appreciated.
Why don't you ask here? http://www.ewido.net/en/support/
After all, ewido is a Grisoft (AVG) company and this is the concurrence, avast forums  ;)
The best things in life are free.

j.m.reid

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »
Already sent 2 e.mails to where you suggest , still no reply to -date from them, hence post in forum for any help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »
Perhaps it is something like the avast pro trial version if you uninstall it then it is assumed that the trial is completed.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, you haven't lost anything if you intended to buy the product it has pre-empted that decision. If you didn't intend to by it then you have to revert to the free version early where it becomes an on-demand scanner only and you have to do manual updates.

I only run Ewido once a week as a part of my regular system maintenance, I start it, download the updates and then run it and that is it for another week or if I have any suspicions I would do an update and run it. Most of the forum members that are using ewido are using the free version as an on-demand scanner as a back-up to avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 08:43:17 PM »
Already sent 2 e.mails to where you suggest , still no reply to -date from them, hence post in forum for any help.
As you can see... avast support is faster than Grisoft  :P :P

Look, after all, if I knew the answer I would have posted... maybe uninstalling and installing ewido again. Maybe you'll have to use a Registry Cleaner...  ??? ::)

j.m.reid

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 10:26:37 PM »
Tech.
as you can see in my original post, which you commented on,I have already carried out a re-installation before I asked for advice. I know  this is the Avast forum ,but as I was made aware of Ewido through fellow posters on Avast and installed same on their recommendation.It proved to be good advice and I have been happy with results until this turned up That is why I did not think it would be inappropiate to ask for help.

DavidR
I think you are probably correct when you suggest that re-installing invalidates the 30 day trial , sounds sensible to me.I used to use the "free scan" option on their home page prior to downloading the 30 day trial version . What I liked abut it was the fact that it located "Hi-jacker.agent.a " and removed same.plus the Shield protection and auto updates. Once again , thank you for wise advice and assistance.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »
Your welcome, ewido should still continue to detect and deal with trojans even as an on-demand scanner. If you feel that the Shield and auto updates are important enough you could purchase the Resident, full version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 12:05:25 AM »
 :) Hi J.M. :

Questions about Ewido are best asked on one of their
      Support Forums; the one I recommend is at :

www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3afce77f4653cfb140497512a3d0664d&f=81 .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »
j.m.reid, sorry, it was not my intention to seem rude... I really suggest ewido here (it's a very very good application, I wish Alwil has a antitrojan/antispyware too  :'() but, you know, better is using Spirtsongs' suggestion to get help about ewido  ;)

j.m.reid

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:32:38 PM »
Update on "Ewido 4.0 Shield"
Two e-mails to-day ,first  to say they received my query and would be in contact  within 24 hrs.
Second  states "we already know of this problem and are currently working on a solution, sorry for inconvenience."
If I get any more information , I will post it. Once again , thank you  to all who replied with help , appreciate it.

j.m.reid

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:46:09 PM »
Tech.
No problem , all advice and guidance by posters with a better knowledge of computers than myself (which is most  people !!!" is gladly accepted. Have a good day.

j.m.reid

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »
Spiritsongs

Just visited the support forum you recommended and found it to be an excellent and very informative site.Thank you for help.